The Female Once-Over–a process by which one woman creates a detailed profile of another woman based upon about a million subtle details of clothing, jewelry, makeup, and body type, and then decides how much of a social threat she might be.
Men have a parallel process, but it’s binary: Does he have beer? If yes, will he share with me?
Source:Jim Butcher, Changes
Photo: Wikimedia Commons
Inky’s Take: There are several types of Female Once-Overs for those unaware.
- The Quick look ‘n Sniff dismissal.
- The Oh Heck No she is not wearing the same dress I am!
- The She’s sidling up to My Guy? Followed rather quickly by…
- The B*TCH an inevitable precursor to the final category called
- It’s On Cat Fight! The all time favorite of the male beer drinker spectator.
It should be noted that interference is strictly prohibited. Consider yourself warned!